Cross-Registration Information

Cross Registration

Students matriculated at one institution and cross registering into another institution should be aware of the proper documentation needed in order to be charged accordingly as well as process their financial aid.

NOTE: Forms mentioned below can be found in the My.SUNYEmpire Forms Center. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher to download the forms. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it from the Adobe's site. If you are unable to use the file, please contact for assistance.

Empire State University Students Cross Registering Into Another Institution

If you are a SUNY Empire student cross-registering into another SUNY school, please go to the SUNY online portal (use your SUNY Empire login ID and password to log into the portal). Follow the website's instructions. Be sure to:

  • Review your course selections with your mentor.
  • Register for cross registered courses from your worksheet.

At the completion of the course, your SUNY host institution will upload your transcript to the online portal.

If you are a SUNY Empire student cross-registering into an institution outside of the SUNY system, please follow these steps:

  • Review your course selections with your mentor.
  • Register for cross registered courses from your worksheet.
  • Register at the host institution into the cross-registered course(s). The cross-registered courses will be included in your Empire State University charges.
  • Note for veterans: Once the Empire State University cross registration process is completed, appropriate notification (Post 9/11 GI Bill® Parent Letter) to the cross-registration college will be sent. The cross-registration college’s Veterans Certifying Official will certify enrollment to the Veterans' Administration.
  • Veterans with questions can contact:

Empire State University Student Accounts Office

Kimberly Durant, military accounts coordinator

111 West Ave

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

518-587-2100, ext 2334 | fax: 518-581-2782

Empire State University participates in a variety of consortium agreements with local colleges, such as the Hudson Mohawk Association and the Rochester Alliance. Contact your location for more information.

Fill out the Enrollment in Other Colleges (PDF 51kB) and send the completed form, along with your paid receipt from your host institution, to:

Empire State University
Student Accounts
111 West Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

Your tuition at Empire State University will be decreased for either the amount of tuition you paid at the host institution or the amount of tuition charged at Empire State University, whichever is less. Note: Students are required to pay fees at both institutions.

  • Regardless of your host school, if you are a financial aid student who cross registers, you also must fill out the Financial Aid Consortium Agreement (PDF 62kB). Your federal financial aid cannot be processed without this form. Please note that some schools will defer your charges with a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement in place. However, excess financial aid funds are disbursed to you, not your host college. You are then responsible for paying your bill at the host institution.

  • All paperwork must be in Student Accounts in order to process the appropriate credits to your charges. Registrations that are not paid, deferred by financial aid or set up on the university's Time Payment Plan may be cancelled. Please contact if you have difficulty getting your paperwork in on time.

    At the completion of the course, it is the responsibility of the student to order an official transcript from their host institution and send it to:

    Empire State University
    Office of the Registrar
    2 Union Avenue
    Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

    Information for Visiting Students