Appointment of Members to University Advisory Boards Procedures
|Office of the President
|Chief of Staff
|Updated procedures that subsume old appointment policy.
Replaces the 1977 Appointment of Members to Advisory Boards/Councils for Centers and Units Policy
To establish university-wide guidelines for the formation of university advisory boards.
Advisory Board: Advisory boards or committees are made up of volunteers and are formed to give advice and recommendations to the university’s management staff.
Impact Statement: A document that analyses the projected effects of a contemplated project.
Draft Procedures for Appointments to Advisory Boards
- Write an impact statement addressing the need for the advisory board and the goals for the board noting if it be an ad hoc board (less than a year in duration) or a permanent board. Describe how the work of this board will address the specific concern(s) and the impact to having this board in place.
- The appropriate President’s Council member will bring the request with the impact statement to the vice president/provost for consultation.
- Vice president reviews the list with president (and cabinet) and decision is made.
- If approved, the requesting party drafts a letter of invitation for each prospective member on behalf of the president and sends to the president’s office for signature and routing.
- It is the requesting person’s responsibility for all follow-up and coordination of proposed committee or board, unless otherwise stipulated.