High School or College Credentials from Non-U.S. Institutions

If you have completed high school or college credit at a non-U.S. institution, you must have those credentials evaluated by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), such as SpanTranECEGLOBE, or WES

A course-by-course evaluation is required for college transcripts.

We recommend either the general evaluation or grade evaluation for high school equivalency.

Please make sure to plan accordingly and review pricing, services, documentation requirements and the time it takes to prepare the evaluation report as each service differs.

Evaluation reports must be submitted directly from an approved evaluation service to the university. Copies of evaluations sent by the student will not be accepted.

Canadian Students

Canadian high school documents must show the approval of the ministry of education.

Canadian transcripts must be in English.

Empire State College accepts transcripts from Canadian institutions that are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) or the Canadian Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT).

All other educational documents must be evaluated by one of the approved evaluation services listed above.