Campus-based Programs

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Federal Work Study program (FWS) are called "campus-based programs," although the funding comes from the federal government. They are called "campus-based" because the awards are determined by the professional staff of the educational institution's Financial Aid office operating under strict and detailed guidelines provided by the U.S. Department of Education.

For the federal campus-based programs, need is determined according to the FAFSA results, eligibility requirements and level of funding.  Campus-based funds receive a set allocation from the Department of Education each year.  That allocation is awarded throughout the year, until funds are exhausted.  

Federal Work Study has specific information and regulations that are pertinent to that specific program.  Please review them by clicking on the link.