BS in Allied Health Science
Ready to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to advance your healthcare career? Looking to become a leader on interdisciplinary teams in complex healthcare settings?
If you hold an associate degree and a license or certificate in an allied health field, consider expanding your career opportunities and broadening your healthcare expertise with a Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Science at SUNY Empire. When you do, you'll be well positioned for careers spanning the healthcare industry, from radiology and emergency medical technology to dental hygiene and respiratory therapy.
Why earn a degree in allied health science?
Allied health professionals represent 60% of all healthcare providers, and the U.S. Department of Labor projects that healthcare careers will grow 19% from 2014 to 2024. That adds approximately 2.3 million new jobs and plenty of job security. In addition, an increasing number of jobs in allied health require people with bachelor’s and graduate degrees.
A degree in allied health science will prepare you to:
- Join and lead interdisciplinary teams to facilitate comprehensive and coordinated treatment outcomes
- Consider environmental, socioeconomic, behavioral and biological conditions when formulating and implementing health treatment plans
- Deliver healthcare services and aid in disease prevention
- Effectively utilize the latest technologies in healthcare service delivery
- Be culturally competent with regard to healthcare practices specific to patient values and beliefs
The Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Science
The SUNY Empire Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Science is a flexible, affordable program specifically designed for working allied health professionals. It includes eight online core courses, in addition to electives and general learning coursework, which you can complete online or onsite at any regionally accredited institution.